Ingredients for Bolognese Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ large carrot, diced
- ¼ large courgette, peeled and diced
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 75ml vegetable stock
- 50g fresh oregano and basil, chopped
Ingredients for Courgetti Spaghetti:
- ½ large courgette
- 75ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make bolognese sauce heat olive oil in a large pan and add chopped onion, mushrooms, carrot, courgette and chopped tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add crushed garlic and oregano and basil into pan and cook for five minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in tomato purée and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 25 minutes.
- To make courgetti spaghetti, use a spiralizer to create long twirls of pasta-like strips from courgette.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add spiralized courgette and fry for 1 minute.
- Add water cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir through butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bolognese sauce.