- 175g Fate low protein all-purpose mix
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g soft dark brown sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 1 tbsp cold water
- To make the ginger biscuits, pre heat your oven to 180ºC/Gas4 and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the Fate low protein all-purpose mix, baking powder and ginger in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the caster sugar and dark brown sugar and mix well.
- Pour in the syrup and stir to form a soft dough. Add a little water if there are still crumbs in the bowl and form a soft ball of dough.
- Tear small pieces of dough and roll into small balls.
Place on the prepared tray allowing room for the biscuits to spread during cooking.
- Gently press the top of each ball to flatten.
- Bake for 9 mins or until golden.
- Remove from the oven, the biscuits will still be soft.
- Leave on the tray until firm then remove and leave to cool and crisp on a wire rack.
Fate low protein all-purpose mix is a food for special medical purpose and must only be used under medical supervision