- 160g Fate low protein all-purpose mix
- 50g unsalted butter – diced
- 30g lard – diced
- Cold water to mix, approximately 4-5 tbsp.
- A little extra Fate all-purpose mix for dusting
- 2 x 125g Hartley’s lemon & lime jelly pots
- 2 tbsp Gales lemon curd
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 45g cornflour
- 150ml ProZero
- 50g unsalted butter
- To make the pastry, heat the oven to 200ºC/Gas6.
- Place the Fate low protein all-purpose mix in a bowl. Rub in the butter and lard with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a little cold water and with a pallet knife, mix to form a soft dough. Gently knead into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Dust your work surface with a little Fate all-purpose mix, then roll out the pastry to 3mm thickness and use it to line a 20cm loose bottom tart tin, leaving the excess pastry to overhang the edge.
- Line the pastry case with baking parchment and top with a layer of baking beads. Bake blind for 15 mins, until the pastry is dry.
- Remove the baking beads and return the case to the oven for a further 5 – 10 mins until the case is a pale golden colour.
- Trim the excess pastry from the edge.
- To make the filling, empty the jelly pots and lemon curd into a saucepan. Heat gently until the jelly turns into a liquid consistency.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with 50ml of ProZero.
- Add the remaining ProZero to the pan.
- Warm the ProZero with the melted jellies but do not allow to boil.
Add the cornflour mix to the pan and keep stirring over a medium heat. The mixture will begin to thicken. Keep stirring and add the butter. Stir until the butter has melted and you have a glossy thick mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour this mixture into the cooked pastry case.
- Leave to cool before placing in the fridge to set.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Fate low protein all-purpose mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purpose and must only be used under medical supervision.