- 100g Unsalted butter, soft
- 100g Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix
- 50ml ProZero™
- 200g Cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- To make the crumble, place 50g butter, 50g brown sugar, cinnamon and Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix low in a large bowl. Rub together with your fingertips until it resembles a fine breadcrumb texture and set aside.
- For the filling, heat the remaining brown sugar and butter in a pan over a low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar is dissolved. Be careful not to burn.
- Add ProZero to the brown sugar and butter mixture and bring to the boil for 8 minutes, stirring continually until reduced into a caramel style sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the apple with a splash of water until soft.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the apples and stir well.
- Place apple and sauce mixture into an oven-proof dish (16cmx11cm) and top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
ProZero and Fate low protein all-purpose mix is a food for special medical purposes and must only be used under medical supervision