- 6g Yeast
- 7g Psyllium Husk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 200ml Warm water
- 240g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 40g Caster sugar
- Permitted toppings: icing, sugar, freeze dried strawberries, sprinkles etc.
- Heat deep fat fryer as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour the yeast, psyllium husk, vanilla essence and warm water into a jug and stir and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the yeast mixture, Fate low protein all-purpose mix and sugar into a bowl and mix into a dough.
- Leave the dough to stand for 10 minutes.
- Dust your hands and work surface with Fate low protein all-purpose mix and divide the dough into 8 even portions and roll into smooth balls.
- To shape the balls into rings, push the handle of a spoon through the centre of the ball.
- Dust your index finger with Fate low protein all-purpose mix and push it through the hole in the dough ball and turn the ball around your finger to form a ring.
- Repeat with all the dough balls.
- Using a slotted spoon place the dough rings into the deep fat fryer.
- Deep fry for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove using the slotted spoon and place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- To make sugar doughnuts, roll the rings in sugar and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- For other permitted toppings, leave to cool on a wire rack and decorate.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.