- 280g Jackfruit, tinned
- 100g Heinz barbecue sauce
- 40g Red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Drain and rinse jackfruit, remove core and shred into a bowl.
- Add barbecue sauce, onions and water to the bowl and stir until jackfruit is coated.
- Cover and place in fridge to marinade for 1 hour.
- Whilst the jackfruit is marinating – make the low protein bread buns and tangy cabbage coleslaw (see individual recipes).
- When ready to cook the jackfruit- heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add jackfruit and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and serve on a low protein bread roll.