- 2 slices of Low Protein Bread (see recipe)
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled
- 2 tbsp Fate low protein all-purpose mix plus extra for dusting.
- Preheat the deep fat fryer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Blitz the low protein bread in a food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Cut the sweet potato into quarters and boil for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Mash the sweet potato and allow to cool.
- Add 2 tbsp of Fate low protein all-purpose mix and mix well.
- Take 1 tsp of the mixture, shape into a rectangle and roll in the extra Fate low protein all-purpose mix. Repeat until the mixture is all used.
- Cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry for 5 mins or until golden.
Fate low protein all-purpose mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.