For pastry base:
- 250g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 125g Soft margarine
- 3g Tomato purée
- 3g Garlic purée
- 60ml Water
- 150g Sweet potato, finely diced
- 150g Butternut squash, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ Red onion, finely diced
- 50g Red pepper, finely diced
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 15g Basil, finely chopped
- 100g Violife Mozzarella flavour, grated
- 2 tbsp ProZero
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5.
- Rub the Fate Low Protein all-purpose mix, mixed herbs and margarine together in a mixing bowl, until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the tomato purée and garlic puree and water to a bowl mix and add to the Fate mixture to form the pastry dough.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust a clean work surface with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and knead the pastry for 1 minute, until smooth.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry out between two pieces of grease proof paper to a 16x24cm rectangle. Then slice down the middle to create 2 long and thin pieces of pastry.
- For the filling, boil the sweet potato and butternut squash in a pan for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the excess water, mash and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the oil, red onion, pepper, garlic and basil and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Mix the onion and pepper mixture into the sweet potato mash until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture along the middle of the pastry strips and top with the Violife Mozzarella flavour, grated.
- Fold the pastry edges over, lengthways to cover the filling and gently press the edge of the pastry to seel.
- Slice 1cm off each end of the pastry roll and discard.
- Slice each roll into 8 equal pieces and place on a lined baking tray.
- Brush with ProZero and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and should be used under medical supervision.