To make the sponge:
- 50g Sugar
- 50g Soft margarine
- 100g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 50g Mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 75ml ProZero
- 1 tsp Egg replacer
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
To make the toffee sauce:
- 100g Brown sugar
- 100g Unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 100ml ProZero
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 5.
- For the sponge, cream together the sugar and margarine in a bowl.
- Add the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and the baking powder and rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the mixed spice and the mixed dried fruit and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ProZero, egg replacer, vanilla essence and golden syrup.
- Add the ProZero mixture to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour into the greased muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat the brown sugar and butter in a pan, over a low heat until the butter has melted, and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add ProZero to the sugar and butter mixture and bring to the boil for 8 minutes, stirring continually until thickened.
- When the sponge has finished baking, allow to cool slightly, remove from the muffin tray and pour on the toffee sauce to serve.