- 500mls of chilled ProZero® whipping ‘cream’ (See recipe)
- 2 x cans (411g) tinned strawberries in light syrup
- 90g caster sugar
- 25mls lemon juice
- Using a sieve, drain the strawberries and discard the juice (see handy hints).
- Put the chilled ProZero whipping ‘cream’ into a bowl and use an
electric hand held mixer to whip the ‘cream’ for about 2-3 minutes until it is thickened, light and airy.
- Put the drained strawberries into a bowl and crush them with a large fork to break into smaller pieces.
- Add the crushed strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to the whipped ‘cream’ and use the electric hand held mixer to mix for a further 1 – 2 minutes.
- Taste the mixture to see if more lemon juice or sugar is needed.
- Pour the mixture into a large plastic freezer proof container and put in the freezer for about an hour or until it is really chilled and beginning to go firm around the edges. Take a strong fork or wire whisk and lightly beat the ice cream to break up the ice crystals.
- Put the ice cream back in the freezer to firm
ProZero is a food for special medical purposes and must only be used under medical supervision.