- 1 x 250g Fate low protein cake mix
- 70g softened butter
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 125ml hot water
Vanilla Cream filling
- 600ml ProZero®
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 90g cornflour
- 100ml strong black coffee
- 75ml marsala
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1 Vitabite bar – grated
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- To make the filling (this is best pre-made the evening before to allow time to set):
- Pour 500ml of ProZero into a medium size pan with the butter, sugar and vanilla paste. Heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
- In a small bowl mix the cornflour with the remaining 100ml of ProZero. Pour this into the pan and over a medium heat keep stirring until the mixture thickens (this will take a couple of mins).
- Once you have a smooth thick sauce pour into a bowl, leave to cool. Then cover with cling film and place in the fridge to chill and set firm.
- To make the tiramisu heat your oven to 180ºC/Gas4.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm loose bottom cake tin. Mix the Fate low protein cake mix and butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mix whisk until smooth.
- Mix the coffee powder with the hot water and add to the cake mixture, beating for a minute until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loose bottomed cake tin and bake for 20 mins.
- Make up the boozy drizzle by mixing the strong coffee with the marsala and sugar.
- Take the set cream filling from the fridge and beat with an electric whisk to lighten.
- Take the cooled sponge and cut in half horizontally to create two discs.
- Place one half into the base of a deep filled 20cm cake tin. Drizzle over some of the marsala and coffee mix to soak the sponge.
- Pour half the filling onto the base and spread out until smooth and level. Top with the remaining sponge disc.
- Soak the layer of sponge with the remaining boozy drizzle.
- Spread the remaining creamy filling on top and dust with the mix of grated Vitabite bar, coffee and sugar.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
ProZero, Vitabite and Fate low protein cake mix are foods for special medical purpose and must only be used under medical supervision