- 25g Butter
- 25g Hard margarine
- 25g Caster sugar
- 90g Fate low protein all-purpose mix
- 1-2 tsp Cold water
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 100g Butter
- 100ml ProZero®
- 5 x 25g Vitabite® bars, broken into chunks
- 50g Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Place butter, hard margarine and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until light in colour and texture.
- Fold in Fate Low Protein All Purpose Mix.
- Using your hands, mix and squeeze the mixture until it binds together (add water as needed to form a manageable dough).
- Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Fate low protein all-purpose mix. Mix and continue to knead the dough for approximately 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ a centimetre and place onto a lightly greased 8’’ x 11’’ baking tray.
- Place into pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until pale golden in colour.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Place butter and brown sugar into a saucepan over a low heat until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Add ProZero to mixture and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring continuously until the mixture has reduced down by approximately a quarter.
- Transfer to a bowl or jug and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool but not set.12.
- Pour caramel sauce over shortbread and place into the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, or until set.
- Add Vitabite chunks and butter to a heatproof bowl. Melt by placing bowl over simmering boiling water, stirring occasionally or melt in the microwave on a low heat.
- Spread over top of set caramel sauce and place into refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, or until set.
- Once set, remove from baking tray and cut into squares.
ProZero, Vitabite and Fate low protein all-purpose mix are foods for special medical purposes and must be only be used under strict medical supervision.